No NEW requests will be processed from December 1st through January 1st, due to Lending Library holiday closures, mail slowdowns and records maintenance.
- The InterLibrary Loan office is still open for renewals and questions!
- All prior requests from November will still be processed.
- Returned materials will be sent back to the lending libraries when returned.
Questions? Ask at the Desk or call 582-2421.
Interlibrary Loans, or ILLs for short, are special requests for the library to borrow materials that are not owned within its regular lending network. All current Bozeman Public Library patrons with fines under $10 are welcome to submit an Interlibrary Loan request. Please note that materials owned by Gallatin County libraries or published within the last year are not eligible for borrowing.
Submit an ILL Request
Renew an ILL Material
Use this form to request a one-time renewal for your Interlibrary loan. Renewal requests MUST be submitted two (2) to five (5) days before the due date. You may keep the item until you receive a phone call from Interlibrary Loan with your new due date. All fines will be erased while you are waiting to hear back from us.
Interlibrary Loan Policies Summarized
- Patrons are limited to 5 requests per month, including unfilled and/or cancelled requests. All subsequent requests are subject to a $3 per item fee.
- Loan period is determined by the lending library and may vary between 1-6 weeks.
- Renewals are determined by the lending library.
- Renewal requests may be submitted up to two days before the due date. Patrons will not be charged an overdue fine while waiting for the lending library's response.
- Overdue items may not be renewed and will be charged 25 cents a day up to $10.
- If 2 or more items are not collected, ILL borrowing privileges will be suspended for 1 year.