Interlibrary Loans, or ILLs for short, are special requests for the library to borrow materials that are not owned within its regular lending network. All current Bozeman Public Library patrons who owe less than $10 in fees are welcome to submit an Interlibrary Loan request. Please note that materials owned by Gallatin County libraries or published within the last year are not eligible for borrowing.
A Clio account will be automatically created with your first request or you may create a CLIO account using a Bozeman library card. Through your account, you can request and track your requests, make renewal requests, receive emails when your items arrive, and receive notices about upcoming due dates.
Submit an ILL Request
Renew an ILL Material
Renewal requests MUST be submitted three (3) days before the due date and materials may only be renewed once. You may keep the item until you receive a phone call from Interlibrary Loan with your new due date. Fines will not accrue while you are waiting to hear back from us. Renewals are determined by the lending library. Overdue items are not eligible for renewal.
Interlibrary Loan Policies Summarized
- ILL items DO accrue fines. Overdue items will be charged 25 cents a day up to $10.
- Patrons are limited to five (5) requests per month, including unfilled and/or cancelled requests. All subsequent requests are subject to a $3 per item fee.
- Loan period is determined by the lending library and may vary between 1-6 weeks.
- Renewal requests may be submitted up to three (3) days before the due date. Patrons will not be charged an overdue fine while waiting for the lending library's response.
- If two (2) or more items are not picked up, ILL borrowing privileges will be suspended for 1 year.
InterLibrary Loan Policy(full)