Interlibrary Loans, or ILLs for short, are special requests for the library to borrow materials that are not owned within its regular lending network. All current Bozeman Public Library patrons with fines under $10 are welcome to submit an Interlibrary Loan request. Please note that materials owned by Gallatin County libraries or published within the last year are not eligible for borrowing.
Submit an ILL Request
Renew an ILL Material
Use this renewal form to request a extension for your Interlibrary loan material. Renewal requests MUST be submitted two (2) to five (5) days before the due date and materials may only be renewed once. You may keep the item until you receive a phone call from Interlibrary Loan with your new due date. All fines will be erased while you are waiting to hear back from us.
Interlibrary Loan Policies Summarized
- Patrons are limited to 5 requests per month, including unfilled and/or cancelled requests. All subsequent requests are subject to a $3 per item fee.
- Loan period is determined by the lending library and may vary between 1-6 weeks.
- Renewals are determined by the lending library.
- Renewal requests may be submitted up to two days before the due date. Patrons will not be charged an overdue fine while waiting for the lending library's response.
- Overdue items may not be renewed and will be charged 25 cents a day up to $10.
- If 2 or more items are not collected, ILL borrowing privileges will be suspended for 1 year.