Community members have contacted The Bozeman Public Library seeking answers about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus. Below is a list of websites with updated information on the virus and prevention.
Matt Kelley, Health Officer of The Gallatin City/County Health Dept, Cindi Spinelli, Communicable Disease Program Manager, Gallatin City County Health Department; Patrick Lonergan, Chief of Emergency Management & Fire, Gallatin County; Michael Blake, MD, PhD, Pediatrician, Bozeman Health; Mike Maltaverne, Deputy Chief-Operations, Bozeman Fire Department; and Emma Kate Loveday Ph.D. Postdoctoral Researcher, Montana State University – Bozeman.
Thank you to KGVM for posting this on their website.
The CDC recommends taking the following prevention steps. You should go about your daily life, but take the same precautions that you would during cold and flu season:
- Get your flu shot — it’s not too late. Although the flu shot will not protect you from COVID-19, it will help prevent the flu which has similar symptoms to this coronavirus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60 to 95% alcohol.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.